A small and peaceful village
The village of Anisy is a small locality situated a few kilometres from Douvres-la-Délivrande, North of Caen.
The Dan, a small quiet river, rises in the village.
After the D-Day landings on 6 June 1944 on Juno Beach, Canadian troops reached the villages of Anisy and Mathieu, covering a distance of 12 kilometres from the beach. One of their objectives was then to reach Carpiquet airfield and the city of Caen.
Things to see and do:
- Saint-Pierre church : with its Romanesque door decorated with capitals, its nave and choir built in the 11th and 12th centuries and its high altar surmounted by a baroque altarpiece of the 17th century,
- the well : a 19th century well made of limestone and wood. The well: a 19th century well made of limestone and wood. There were 50 wells in the village of Anisy until the 1950s.