You are disabled and you want to come to Cœur de Nacre?
Find here the different means of transport to reach your destination, as well as our accessible dykes to enjoy a beautiful stroll.
How to reach your destination
- With your own vehicle, download the list of PRM parking spaces below.
- By bus, with Accèocar: a transport service dedicated to people with reduced mobility. It operates on reservation and ensures your travel from your home to the destination of your choice within the limits of the regular lines of the Nomad Car regional network.
To benefit from the AccèoCar service, prior registration is required on presentation of a valid Mobility Inclusion Card. This can be done by telephone on + 33 (0)9 70 83 00 14 or at a Nomad Car agency. An accompanying person is entitled to free travel if the disability card bears the words “Accompanying Person Obligatory”.
This guide lists our service providers and accessible sites on our territory. Although the majority of them are not marked Tourism and Disability, our partners consider their services to be accessible.
Our service providers work actively to welcome you in the best conditions.
We update this guide every year.
Our accessible dykes
You want to go to the seaside? Our dykes are all accessible and our beaches are all equipped with a tiralo. So you can swim in complete safety. The tiralo swimming wheelchair, with the help of a person, allows adults and children to swim without leaving the wheelchair.
Dyke accessible with assistance (steep slope) from the parking area (casino, Beau Rivage hotel) to the dyke.
1 free Tiralo available at the main aid station on the sea wall (between the casino and the clock) in July and August.
PRM parking (casino, Beau Rivage hotel) and PRM WC on the sea wall.
Dyke accessible with assistance (steep slope) from the parking area (Place du 6 juin) to the dyke.
Parking and PRM WC at Place du 6 juin.
A PRM changing room is available free of charge during the season near the first aid post.
1 free Tiralo available at the first aid post on the sea wall in July and August. There is also a 10-meter-long carpeted floor accessible from the high and low dikes, directly from the aid station’s slipway.
Accessible sea wall and beach access
1 free Tiralo available at the first aid post on the sea wall in July and August. There is also a 10-meter-long carpeted floor that can be accessed directly from the Menteux dock (located west of the Tourist Office).
Parking and WC for disabled people (opposite the Saint-Aubin hotel)
Accessible sea wall
Free use of the Handymer room
PRM parking nearby (Place North Nova Scotia, Place du 6 juin)
Looking for more freedom in the water? Our favourite is the Bernières Handymer and its seahorse, which allows you to move around on the sand, enter the water and leave the wheelchair for a swim.
Accessible sea wall.
1 Tiralo available at the first aid post on the sea wall in July and August.
PRM parking: Place du 6 juin and in front of the tourist office
PRM toilets: on the sea wall, near the Courseulles-sur-mer municipal swimming pool
Also to be consulted to prepare your visit
- Accessibility of the areaYou are disabled and you want to come to Cœur de Nacre? Find here the different means of transport to… Read more: Accessibility of the area
- Our audio filesIn this section you will find audio files that give you an idea of the history of our destination. Our… Read more: Our audio files
- The top activities available on the Côte de Nacre.Now that you’ve booked your holiday and reserved your accommodation, it’s time to find out more about the activities we… Read more: The top activities available on the Côte de Nacre.