Description

Place of worship and prayer since the 12th century. The current building, which replaced the Romanesque chapel (1150), was built between 1854 and 1895 in the neo-Gothic style, inspired by the 13th century by the Rouen architect Jacques Barthélémy. The basilica houses the statue of Notre-Dame la Délivrande. The Délivrande pilgrimage is the oldest in Normandy, following a pagan cult. In the Middle Ages, it was as famous as that of Mont-Saint Michel. A procession always takes place in August. The first dated statue of Our Lady, dating from the Middle Ages, was destroyed by Protestants in 1561. The present stone statue is a black virgin which was donated in 1580 by Canon Legendre. Free guided tours in french on Wednesdays at 5pm. in July and August and on request for groups all year round.

Opening hours

Opening hours all year from 09h00 à 18h00

Prices

Contact / Find

Go to top Skip to content